We ditched fluoride for our family a few years ago and here’s why:
• Fluoride is a known neurotoxin. US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), fluoride has been listed among about 100 chemicals for which there is “substantial evidence of developmental neurotoxicity.” Children with higher exposure of fluoride statistically show they have a lower IQ.
• Your body can’t detox all the fluoride naturally and then it collects in your bones. When this happens it also makes your bones more brittle. Children’s bodies are able to detox even less than adults. Later in life this has been known to cause bone cancer, arthritic symptoms, and hip fractures.
• Fluoride causes your body to absorb more aluminum then it normally would. Aluminum most commonly goes straight to the brain and stays there. High aluminum levels of the brain is linked to Alzheimer’s disease.
• Flouride affects the pineal gland reducing melatonin production and leads to an earlier onset of puberty. Several studies show it even calcifies your pineal gland.
• Fluoride affects your thyroid function. It’s been linked to hyperthyroidism (think: depression, weight gain, high cholesterol and heart disease). It even effects your reproductive issues.
Yikes y’all and that’s just part of the health issues. I encourage you to do your own research on even more affects.
So, how can you decrease your intake of fluoride? 🤷🏻♀️
👉🏼 Ditch your fluoride toothpastes. We love YL’s Kidscents toothpaste and their Thieves toothpastes. (These toothpaste also don’t have SLS, dyes, artificial flavors, or phthalates). There are others on the market without fluoride but YL has our favorite options.
👉🏼 Put in a fluoride filter for your water. We use the Berkey and I’ll share on that more another time.
👉🏼 Turmeric supplements help detox your body from fluoride.
I’m curious – who else has said ADIOS to fluoride OR who plans to now?