Although Valentine’s Day is known for only our significant others I like to incorporate my daughter into the holiday festivities and make something for Ryan every year. She loves making them and he loves getting them – it’s a total win on both sides!!
For A’s first Valentine’s Day in 2013 I wanted to make something extra special for Ryan that was timeless, and you already know how much I love hand and foot prints. So I created a fun piece of art using A’s feet that I’m going to share with you today! It’s super simple and it’s fun.
What you will need:
- 8×10 Card stock
- Red paint – washable paints or acrylic.
- A black marker OR computer & printer
- Construction Paper (optional)
- Frame (optional)
What to Do:
(This may take a few tries so have a couple pieces of paper ready to go!)
- First – decide if you are going to hand-write the “I” and “You” or if you plan to type it out and print it. I chose to hand-write mine, however, if printing is more you thing have at it. This would be the time to type it out, format it and print it. Spacing will depend on the size of your child’s foot to be safe place the “I” at the top and the “You” at the very bottom.
- Dip your child’s left foot into the red paint, slightly angled out. I recommend doing this a couple times on different paper just in case the first one doesn’t turn out.
- Wipe off that foot and repeat with the right foot angling it out the other direction.
- Now you have a foot heart!
- Let dry.
- If you are handwriting the “I” and “YOU” now would be the time to do that! 🙂
- We wrote “Love, [insert my daughter’s name]” on the bottom right corner and the date on the back.
How you present your Valentine’s Day gift is totally up to you. We bought a frame, and staggered red and pink construction paper behind it, as we bought a slightly oversized frame!
Do you make Valentine’s Day Crafts? What are some of your favorites? If you make this one, we would love to see it so tag us in your social media posts!