Back in Kansas when someone asks you to come over for a BBQ you know that are planning smoking meats or something that involves barbecue sauce. Pulled Pork, Ribs Brisket, all the yummy goodness. Out here in Colorado when invited to BBQ really means “grill” – I’m not talking about grilling ribs, I’m talking about hamburgers and hot dogs. It’s just one of those difference between here and the midwest I suppose. Anyways, my point is I love some good barbecue we make it at home and I love to go out for it too. A few years ago we discovered a barbecue restaurant and they were delicious. One of our favorite things about going there was these delicious little muffins that are small, cheese, moist with a hint of sweet. Oh my goodness, they are endless and they are dangerously good. I’ve been determined to make these at home and over the past few years I have spent the time perfecting the recipe in my kitchen and we are over the moon for them. Every time we make smoked meat, ribs, etc. Even Chili! I always have an awesome excuse to make a batch of these and anytime we have friends over they are begging me for the recipe and asking for more. So incredibly good.
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick
- 3/4 c Corn Meal
- 3/4 c. milk (or buttermilk)
- 1 Tbsp of lemon OR vinegar and mix (if you are not using buttermilk)
- 3 Tbps sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Combine milk and lemon (or vinegar) and mix to create buttermilk.
- Stir together all ingredients just until combined.
- Scoop into a standard or mini muffin pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden
- I fill the muffin pan 90% of the way full. If you choose to make standard muffins you will have roughly 7-8 muffins. If you choose to make mini muffins you will have 12-14 muffins.
Bake 12-15 minutes for standard muffins or about 8-10 minutes for mini muffins, or until golden.
Tell me what you think when you make them! I promise you, you won’t be disappointed!!