I love meals that are easy to throw together but wow the crowd with little effort. With Thanksgiving next week I love the idea of tossing something together for the non-Turkey fans. Even though Turkey seems to be the popular choice at Thanksgiving, I’ve realized in recent years not everyone loves it. Having another white meat option at the table gives a variety without the extra stress of adding a meal to the menu that takes a lot of work.
While looking over the large amount of items Hickory Farms has to offer, Ryan and I came up with an easy Three Ingredient Stuffed Pork Loin recipe that I know you are going to absolutely love. It’s perfect for an addition to your Thanksgiving feast or a quick meal for the weeks that are busy.
For this recipe, you’re going to need :
Start by thinly slicing the Hickory Farms Brown Sugar and Honey Turkey Summer Sausage. This is going to go inside the pork loin with the spread. You’ll want to slice it as thin as possible either by hand or a slicer.The thinner you slice the sausage, the easier it will be to roll the pork loin.
Next trim any excess fat off your pork loin and begin to slice the loin at about a quarter inch from the bottom and slowly work your way in. You want to butterfly it. In other words, open the pork loin out flat. This is the most time consuming part of the recipe but it’s also the most important. Don’t worry about how pretty it looks, just worry about getting it sliced enough to get it to lay flat.
Once your pork loin is butterflied, you are going to take your container of Hickory Farms Garden Vegetable Cheese Spread spreading it evenly on the pork loin with your spatula. Try and cover as much surface space as you can with the spread.
Begin distributing your Hickory Farms Brown Sugar and Honey Turkey Summer Sausage on top of the spread. Put them as close together as possible and if you have extra you can double your layer. Proceed to gently roll your stuffed pork loin together. Use toothpicks to keep the pork loin together and transfer to your baking sheet.
Bake your stuffed pork loin at 350* for 40 minutes (or until it’s 160* in the middle) on a baking sheet lined with tin foil or a baking mat. Once your stuffed pork loin is finished, let sit and cool for 5 minutes. Then slice and serve.
Not a fan of pork or want to change this up? Use boneless chicken breasts! You can either butterfly the breasts or you can cut a pocket into the breast and fill.
- (1) Pork Loin
- (1) Tub of Hickory Farms Garden Vegetable Spread
- (1) Hickory Farms Brown Sugar and Honey Turkey Summer Sausage
- Thinly slice your Hickory Farms Brown Sugar and Honey Turkey Summer Sausage. You'll want to slice this as thin as possible.
- Trim Pork Loin from any excess fat
- Begin to cut your pork loin from the bottom quarter inch (1/4") of your loin and slowly move inward until your loin is butterflied and flat.
- Spread your Hickory Farms Garden Vegetable Spread across your butterflied pork loin.
- Layer on your thinly sliced Hickory Farms Brown Sugar and Honey Turkey Summer Sausage to cover all of the surface. If you have extra, feel free to layer it on.
- Slowly roll your pork loin and tack together with toothpicks.
- Cook in the oven for 45 minutes at 350* on a baking sheet lined with tin foil or a baking mat.
- Cut and serve.
- Not a fan of pork or want to change this up? Use boneless chicken breasts! You can either butterfly the breasts or you can cut a pocket into the breast and fill.
Today’s post was a part of our collaboration with Hickory Farms. We were sent the products we created the recipe with, as well as, compensated. All opinions and imagery belong to Joyfully Smitten.