The weather here lately has been a little taste of Autumn. Cool mornings, warm afternoons and chilly evenings. This week has been extra cool and delightful. I know that it’s temporary but it’s enough to make me crave the Fall in the coming months. For a long time apple was what I thought of when I thought of Fall instead of the typical pumpkin flavors most do. I think of apple picking, warm apple cider and apple pie. Yum. With our little taste of fall around here these days, I wanted to share a recipe we enjoy around our house. It’s lovely as breakfast with your coffee or anytime really.
- 1/4 cup of oil
- 2 cups of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of nuts (optional)
- 3 to 4 chopped apples with peels
- Cream together oil, white sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nuts (optional)
- Fold in your chopped apples
- Dough is going to be stiff. Press dough firmly into 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes
- Let cool