Maybe we are like mosaics, filled with things that have broken us in the worst possible ways and wrecked us in the best possible ways with a flexible mortar that bends and molds for more pieces to come flooding in throughout our lives shaping us into what makes us who we are in the rawest of ways.
- Who I am right now and who I want to be? Is it the same thing? Do I love like I want to? To I share my heart well or do I stray away?
- What really makes me happy? Who, what, where – all things that are important questions to answer. Am I surrounding myself with those people enough?
- Am I showing how happy they make me?
- What are things that scare me? You know, the chest tightening, anxiety inducing items. Sharing my feelings? public speaking? upsetting someone? Feeling vulnerable?
- What makes me scared about those things??
- What are things that get under my skin and frustrate me? A habit of someone else? Certain people in my life?
- Are those things I can remove from my life?
- Are they really upsetting me for good reason or because they are different?
- What are some things that motivate me? My family? My Spouse? Achieving a goal?
- What are things that discourage me? A past experience of failing? Disappointing someone? Old words that are telling me I can’t do it?
- Who are people that make me feel better -the ones that encourage me, cheer me on? Who is my support system. My spouse? My friends? My family? Business contact?
Here’s a big one and a tough one:
- What are those around me needing and asking of me that I’m not giving to them? Vulnerability? Communication? Deep meaningful friendship?
- WHY am I not currently giving them that? Fear? Past experiences I need to move away from? Hurt I need to still heal from? Laziness?
Should you be asking yourself some of these? Can you think of more you would add?
Tell me below!