Yum. Nothing is more delicious than a thick, hearty potato soup on a cold snowy winter day. At least not in our house anyway. There is just something about the way the aroma of the creamy bacon potato soup fills the air that give you a comfort of home.
A hearty delicious potato soup sure to hit the spot of comfort.
Write a review
- 1.5-2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 1 pound of bacon
- 6 large potatoes diced
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 Chives - fresh or dried. We use dried.
- 1-2 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- 1-2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- Pepper to taste.
- Chop bacon into chunks. I usually chop them to about 1" thick each, maybe smaller.
- Toss them into large pot to cook. I use the same pot that I will be cooking the soup in.
- Once the bacon is cooked pull of of the heat add in the potatoes, heavy cream and water w/ chicken bouillon.
- Boil until the potatoes are soft, roughly 8-10 minutes.
- Take out your blender and put in 1/2 - 3/4 of the soup.
- Note: you may need to do a couple of rounds in the blender depending on it's size. Additionally, 1/2-3/4 depends on your desire to have chunks of potato in your soup - if you want it completely smooth add the entire potato mixture.
- Once you have pureed the desired amount return everything to the pot and mix in garlic powder, chives and pepper to taste.
- Allow to simmer another 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Wildly Streeter http://www.joyfullysmitten.com/