I’m tend to be the mom that likes to make sure I’m making whatever is best for A to eat. I feel like its important to pay close attention to what I’m feeding her and what is in her food. It’s easy to pick up a package of muffins at the store but a lot of times there are preservatives that her tiny body could really do without. I decided to make some blueberry muffins as healthy as I could with the hopes we would all love them. They are healthy plus they do taste good but they are a dense muffin. The recipe made 10 small muffins and 8 big muffins. So if you are only making larger muffins you would probably get a dozen out of the recipe.
Wholesome Blueberry Muffins
Write a review
- Wholesome Blueberry Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup (chopped) blueberries
- Mix ingredients wet then dry, then add the blueberries
- Bake at 400* for 20 minutes (10-12 minutes for mini muffins)
- To lighten up the muffins a bit use half wheat flour and half all purpose flour. It decreases the density and adds a bit more fluffiness.
Joyfully Smitten http://www.joyfullysmitten.com/
Looking for another, more traditional (fluffy) muffin? You’ve got to try our Scrumptious Blueberry Muffins with Crumble Topping.