I’ve been scolded for not posting a recent pregnancy update – so friends, I’m going to jam-pack this baby with a little bit of everything pregnancy today. How does that sound?
How Far Along: Just over 38 weeks in our 39 week.
This week in particular? Hmm just finishing up the last few things before she makes her appearance. 🙂
Since the last update? Maternity photos (no I don’t have them yet), and our baby shower – those were both fun.
Movement: Considering her space is becoming more and more limited her little feet like the kick right out the side of my side. But definitely movement – jabs and kicks, no rolling or turning.
Symptoms: Heartburn is from the Devil, and hip pain.
Belly Button in or out: In…mostly.
Anything making you queasy or sick: No, don’t think so…waiting too long to eat and migraines.
Labor Signs: Enough labor stuff to go in? Nope. Random little contractions.
Wedding ring on or off: On!
What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach, and having shirts that fit comfortably over my belly 🙂
What I am looking forward to: Meeting baby A! Sooo soon! (updates coming soon)
Nursery : We have her current space all set up and ready for her. Her official nursery will be done when we move (soon *fingers crossed*)
Emotions: Really pretty good. Ready to meet A, and not really a ton of patience for non-sense…
Stupid things I have done: Hmmm…at the moment I can’t think of anything – but I’m sure Ryan could come up with a list for you – lol.
Second Trimester – ah, finally some relief. Migraines still happened, and the occasional vomiting still but overall feeling human again, and enjoying life.
Third Trimester – Still feel like it’s been an overall good run. More aches, more pregnancy insomnia, and more excitement for A to be here. I can’t tell you how many times I would stop and look forward and still feel like we had forever away until her arrival, but looking back into time and feeling that time had been FLYING by.
- I gave up on reading pregnancy books early on. Seriously, people – the first 1/3 of them all start the same “so you think you might be pregnant” “you might be pregnant if…” which left me only thinking: “uh…no, I KNOW I’m pregnant that’s why I got the book….”
- One book will say “I got a brand new nightgown for the stay in the hospital and the weeks after because I knew I would be in it often and the time after my baby’s birth would be so special.” then the next book says “Don’t go out and buy a new nightgown. Get one of your old ones that you don’t mind ruining – it will be ruined – it’s going to be like the Texas Chain Saw Massacre Down There”.
- No matter how much you gain or how much you don’t gain someone is going to judge you. For me, it was how little I gained and I have friends that have been criticized for the opposite. Either way you look at it – people just need to mind their business and let everyone have their own pregnancy. mmmkaay?
- In the past 2 weeks I have had 3-4 people that have talked to me ask me how far along I was and when I told them they said “Oh….I thought you were like 6 months…I can’t believe you are due soon.”, then this week I had a man in the grocery store straight out ask me “Are you having twins?!” I was like “nope – just due super soon.” One really is much better than the other.
- At one point I seriously considered writing a book called “Things NOT to Say to Your Pregnant Spouse,” seriously considered it. I don’t think guys know sometimes what a no-no to say is – like seriously oblivious. Good thing we love them right? 😉