I Hope Everyone had a Fabulous Easter weekend! Mine was good, worked Saturday and yesterday was pretty low key, but to be honest I like low-key days the best! 😉 So, lets get down to business.
“Twitter makes you love people you’ve never met and Facebook makes you hate people you actually know.” -Scotty Rosenberg
^^^^^^LOVE IT. Seriously, how true is that?! As most of you know, I don’t have a facebook and I’m thrilled about it! Over 8 months, of not having it and I. LOVE. IT.
Second, I have been nominated for Blog of the Month on For the Love of Blogs – SO I need you to help me out!
It would be pretty cool to win since it’s the week of my birthday. Just saying. No pressure. hehe. Seriously though, I’m in the running with some really awesome blogs, and I’m seriously lagging. If I win, there will be a serious giveaway — but don’t count your chicken, they probably won’t hatch. 😉
Lastly, two lovely blogs have given me the Versatile Blogger Award. Who are these lovely people?
1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 7 new-found blogging buddies!
4. Contact those buddies to congratulate them.
1. Growing up I have 4 Baby Raccoons that my dad rescued from a Chimney. However, their fate was ill because they were so young, and Baby, Boomer, Bandit, and Sassy died and were buried in PopTart Boxes in our backyard. Not kidding. You can’t make this stuff up. Seriously, I’ll search for photos.
2. We had a pet pigeon name Pidge. He was another animal my dad rescued – he was probably the coolest bird ever. He walked down to the mailbox every morning with our Sheltie to get the paper. When the school bus would come, he would follow it for about a mile and a half then fly home. He would be sitting there at the end of the driveway on the mailbox when we would come home.
3. My Great Grandma Faye always had a clear cookie jar full of saltine crackers, and visiting her house growing up – that cookie jar was my favorite place to visit.
4. Growing up I always wanted to be a Cardiologist because of having my heart surgery. Needless to say, my career path kind of changed.
5. I.love.houseplants. Seriously, love them. I don’t have nearly as many as I would like, because they don’t seem to have a lovely fate when we move them like crazy – but I have a Bonsai Tree, Bamboo, and various others (two of which I added to my collection this week). For whatever reason, I just think they make a house more lovely.
6. I love snail mail. I love receiving cards, letters, etc. and I love sending them. I just don’t think there is anything better than going to the mailbox and receiving something handwritten just for you – and that isn’t a bill. love it.
7. I adore handmade things. One of my favorite pairs of earrings is handmade that my mom bought me for Christmas. Handmade Cards, Bags, Jewelry – – love love!! I try to buy handmade as much as possible, but lets be honest – sometimes they get a bit pricey.
Alright — there is my 7 – Passing it on to only 7 is probably harder than coming up with the 7 – but lets be honest, those are extremely hard to come up with. So here is my go at passing it on: