So just the other day I was awarded another lovely blog award. Every time I get one of these things I’m just as enamored that I won an award it’s silly! I have said it many times before but until a few months ago, I didn’t even realize these awards existed nor did I realize that the blog community was as amazing as it is. So…Calamity Kate gave me this lovely award.
I have never received this award before, but it’s inevitable that I have to do another 7 facts about myself. Now, I’ll be honest with you…coming up with seven things about myself is probably the hardest thing one could ask about me. So, I’m not making any promises on how good these will be or that I haven’t already shared some facts.
1. I hate conflict. Period. I hate being in conflict. The first time that I was called in for a meeting with a boss was a few years ago, I was so nervous I started crying before he could even talk. It was just a review meeting and wanted to make sure I liked my job and sure enough I started crying before the meetings started. Or today I had to tell my boss something quite important, potentially job risking (not that it would be a bad thing as most of you know) and I had to work myself up to it all morning.
2. My sun sign is Taurus, and my rising sign is Libra and I’ll have to say I’m a pretty even balance of both.
3. I can’t stand when people come to my blog to comment just to say: “hey! I’m now following you! Come follow my blog at _________” and don’t say a darn thing about my blog, and it’s like blogging is like twitter for them – get as many followers as possible! I don’t blog that way, if I like you I’ll follow you or even if you make an effort on my blog come see it, or heck even leave a comment that is relevant to my blog, then work into asking me to come see it then hey, at least you made a darn effort.
4. My favorite season is Fall. I love jacket weather, fall leaves, campfires with some good friends. I’m not sure it can get much better than that.
5. I’m a beer kind of girl. I know, I know, not the best for the calories but I can honestly say I’m not a huge mixed drink girl at all, plus hard liquor hang overs are one of the worst, and wine I have to be in the right mood to have some wine and it has to be a very good one. Oh and chilled if it’s wine. But my alcohol of choice is beer, I would go to women’s networking meetings that had free drinks and I’d be pretty much the only one without a martini.
6. I LOVE networking (if you are looking for an awesome women’s group that is national click here), I LOVE getting businesses set up with their website, tips for places to post about their business, where to make contacts. I just LOVE business. I am a very business minded person – I thank my dad for this – but all I know is I love it and quite honestly I have a mind that never stops.
7. I have realized that the saying the space you live in most of the time reflects whats going on in your life (when things are normally chaotic, you house (living quarters) is normally a mess) doesn’t just pertain to your living space because well … I’m realizing my blog seems to reflect my scattered-ness inside my head and my stress level (thank you work!!). I’m not sure if many of you have noticed or not but my posts have been kind of scattered, I haven’t had the drive to post every day, nor the inspiration and I’m realizing…thats ok. But since I enjoy blogging, I am making an honest effort to keep on going and blogging daily-despite whats going on with me inside my head.
Alright! Enough about me. I’m passing it onto 10 lovely ladies that are some of my newest followers and newest blog friends.
Russo at Challenging the Gnome
Lesli at Put A Little Umbrella In Your Drink
Michele Chastain at Fake It Til You Make It
Mollie at OK in UK
Leonuh! at The Laughing Lion
Little Miss Martha at Little Miss Martha
Midwest Lady at Tales of a Lady in the Midwest
GrumpyGratefulMom at Diaries of a Grumpy Grateful Mom
Ella at Single Parent Faith
Mallori at aiukli-because life is beautiful